It’s my pleasure to introduce myself and offer my services to you. I’ve had the opportunity to help many home buyers find their ideal homes. I look forward to working with you, too!
Buying a new home is one of the largest financial transactions that most people ever undertake. Because the process can be lengthy and sometimes confusing, I want you to know that I will be here to help you through every step. My goal is to help you find the home of your dreams and also make your home buying experience as easy and enjoyable as possible.
My Mission Statement
To make buying or selling a home easier for my clients and provide the very best service that I can offer. I take pride in my work and love making peoples dreams of owning a home come true.
- Listen carefully to make sure I understand YOUR objectives and preferences
- Explain the home buying process thoroughly
- Discuss agency representation
- Diligently search for a home that meets your criteria
- Send you new listings as soon as they come on the market
- Provide you with a market analysis, so you are comfortable with the prices in your desired neighborhood
- Negotiate on your behalf
- Diligently track the closing process on the sale of your home
- Communicate consistently, so you know what to expect
Are You Ready to Buy a Home? Answer these five questions:
How Much Home Can You Afford?
Do Home Buyers Need Agents?
The Closing Process
Once you have found the home you want to buy, there are several additional steps you need to take to close the sale after the purchase and sale agreements have been signed.
Step 1: Contingency Removal: The most common contingencies are inspection, financing and the sale of your current home. These conditions must be removed or waived in writing before the sale on your new home can close.
Step 2: Appraisal and Title Report: Your lender requires a formal appraisal to confirm the value of the home you’re buying, to use as collateral to secure the loan. The title report ensures that the seller has clear title to the property and has the right to transfer ownership to you.
Step 3: Prepare Closing Documents: Escrow service companies or real estate attorneys prepare documents that confirm the transaction, prorate funds, etc.
Step 4: Signing of Closing Documents: Although both parties may have signed closing documents and deposited funds, the sale actually closes when the deed is recorded and the proceeds are available to the seller.
Step 5: Final Review: Signed documents go to the lender for final review.
Step 6: The Deed: The deed is recorded and funds disbursed.
Step 7: Seller Paid: The seller receives the proceeds and the moving van arrives.
Step 8: New Home! You get the keys to your new home!
There are many opportunities for surprises or delays in a transaction. Part of my expertise is in troubleshooting problems that arise in the closing process, including anticipating and preparing for potential problems before they arise.
Please email or call me any time if you have questions or would like more information about the closing process.
Mortgage Application Checklist
Here is a list of information and documents you will need when you apply for a home loan:
- Copy of the Purchase and Sale Agreement
- Your present mortgage information (or 12 months rental history)
- Two years history of employment and verification of all income sources
- If self-employed, copies of past two years income tax return and year to date profit and loss
- Two months checking, savings and investment account information verifying your liquid assets
- Name, account number and outstanding balance of each of your debts
- Information regarding any other income to be used
- Information regarding any other assets that will be used as funds to close
- If you’re applying for a VA loan, you need a Certificate of Eligibility or DD-214 form
- If you are a relocating employee, include relocation information and copy of offer, promissory note and copy of check on bridge loan
- Two pieces of ID, such as your driver’s license or passport and social security card
When you are ready to purchase your next home, I welcome the opportunity to represent you. In the meantime, I will provide you with valuable information about homeownership, the real estate market and many other helpful topics by email.
I would be happy to answer any questions you might have about buying, financing or current market conditions. I can also send you listings of suitable properties currently on the market where you want to live. My services include helping you find a home, arrange financing, negotiate the purchase, and handle the details to ensure a smooth closing.
When you are thinking about buying a home, there are always plenty of questions to ask. Please don’t hesitate to call 254-290-9911 or email me any time if I can help you with this. Thank you for the opportunity to be of service.